As a product of the Marshfield Public Schools, and now as its elected leader, Sean knows that high-quality public education and partnership between parents and administrators creates an engaged and vibrant community. He was one of the earliest advocates for building a new Marshfield High School and worked hands-on to help make funding and construction happen. In addition, Sean:
- Was tapped as a key spokesperson in the defeat of 2016 statewide ballot initiative that would have deprived our public schools of much-needed funds.
- Fought successfully as Chairman of the School Committee against the state Board of Education proposal to expand stringent educational mandates for inappropriate standardized testing.
- Spearheaded the implementation of tuition-free Full Day Kindergarten, saving our young families over $3,000 per child.
- Advocated successfully for state funds to help repair critical pieces of school building infrastructure, lessening the burden on local taxpayers and ensuring that our facilities are prepared for long-term use.
- Oversaw the use of capital funds to update our security systems and ensure school safety for students and staff.
As Chair of the Marshfield Public Schools, Sean is most proud of the team initiative that gained voter approval of tuition-free full-day kindergarten in 2018, without a significant budget increase, without cutting programs or positions, and without an override. He will work to bring more innovative education programs to Marshfield and Scituate Public Schools.
Sean's focus on strengthening the training of and staffing for school resource officers is addressed as part of Public Safety.